The European Commission joins forces with 23 countries through the Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership to launch the first joint call for a thriving sustainable blue economy. The total estimated budget is about € 50 million.
With financial support from the European Commission, the first co-funded call of the Partnership pools national and regional financial resources through the participation of 36 research funding organisations from 23 countries (out of the 25 part of the network) responsible for funding research and innovation actions in the blue economy. This call is also contributing to the objectives of the Mission “Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030”.
The call aims to support transnational research and innovation projects addressing one of the five priority areas below:
- Planning and managing sea-uses at the regional level
- Development of offshore marine multi-use infrastructures to support the blue economy
- Climate-neutral, environmentally sustainable, and resource-efficient blue food and feed
- Green transition of Blue Food production
- Digital Twins of the Ocean test use cases at EU sea-basins and the Atlantic Ocean
Looking for a partner or a project to join? Use the SBEP Partner Search Tool.
For more details on the call and information on the application process please visit Knowledge for Policy and Bluepartnership website.
The original article appeared on the Europa website: The European Commission joins forces with 23 countries through the Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership for the launch of the first co-funded call